2.28.2013

Snapshots: January/February 2013


Let me preface this extremely (un)exciting couple of months by saying that I have been extremely exhausted and sometimes under the weather (refer to #5) the last couple of months!  Projects have stalled, blogging has ceased, and most afternoons have consisted of lovely naps (which is a good thing).  Therefore, I don't have pictures of a lot of the things that we've done or witnessed since Christmas, most regrettably our one and only snow this winter :(.  Here are some things I did manage to catch...

1 & 2} Kitchen. We started our kitchen backsplash with vigor right after the New Year! We have most of the tiles up, but no grout.  This project has stalled because my morning sickness and the adhesive glue scent do not jive AT ALL.  Looking forward to finishing this project soon. I must say that it has already transformed our kitchen!

3} Breakfast.  I love eating pics of the little one.  She is so independent and loves to feed herself any and everything, even if I don't think she'll be able to eat it.  This results in multiple wardrobe changes throughout the day, but such is life with a toddler.  Here we are eating at one of our favorite breakfast places in Tulsa.

4} Treat.  Avery loves going to the gym as much as I do!  They have the best smoothies and she loves getting a "teet" post work-out.

5} Coming Soon.  The best news!  Avery and I surprised Taylor with the news when he came home from work one evening.  His reaction was priceless, but those photos came out too blurry to share. I am actually due on my birthday in late September. Crazy, huh? I really enjoy being pregnant, especially after the first trimester.  It's such a miracle.  I'm praying for one like the last.

6} London Calling.  Sometimes Utica Square is my salvation.  When we just need to get out and move around, I love taking Avery there, stopping at Starbuck's or Queenie's for a treat, and strolling around.  Sometimes we go in shops, and sometimes we don't, but the square is always full of people, good smells, and beautiful landscaping.  This time in particular Avery was drawn to one the red telephone booths.  She spent quite some time playing in it.

7} Canon Rebel.  Still practicing with my camera.  Avery is of course my favorite subject.  I tapered off a lot in February, but I'm resolving to break it out once a day in March!

8} Organization.  Folks, there is still a lot to be organized in our house, and we moved in over five months ago!  I scrubbed and organized the laundry room one very cold afternoon while Avery was sleeping.  Trust me, it needed it!  I hadn't felt so productive in months.  Sometimes organization just feels so good to my soul... I'm too embarrassed to show before pics.

9} Zoo.  Avery's second trip to the zoo.  This time we went with a bunch of friends.  The day resulted in a three hour nap, and a zoo pass, and Avery learning several new animal sounds.  I know where we will be heading once the weather is nice!


2 comments:

  1. #5 jumps out at me- not only the incredible significance of new life, but because of the sweet way you announced it. I wanted to come up with an awesome way to announce my last pregnancy, but failed miserably. Came to your blog through MaryBeth:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary! Hope you visit again!

    ReplyDelete