11.03.2012

Snapshots: October 2012



{1} Doorstep. One of the many things I love about the fall is the decor and I drew plenty of inspiration from all of my neighbor's beautiful stoops in our new neighborhood.  Now if I can just keep those mums alive this year!

{2}  Pumpkin patch.  We did plenty of pumpkin- patching in October.  Avery loves them!  Here we are in Dallas visiting my sister.  Avery thinks pumpkins are balls.  She's kind of right.

{3}  Tulsa State Fair!  It was cold, but it was fun.  We decided to make a date night out of it and left the bunny to spend the night with her grandparents!  I, like most people, enjoy the people watching more than the food and rides.

{4} Utica.  October brings cooler (ahem, tolerable) weather to Oklahoma.  Which means it's the perfect time of year to stroll at Utica, my favorite place in town.  Outdoor shopping, beautiful landscaping, plenty of open space for Avery to run, and more than enough places to find treats and coffee:)

{5}  Wainscoting.  I need to blog post about this soon, but I finally finished painting the wainscoting, windows and trim in the breakfast nook! Took up most evenings over the course of two weeks, but it was much needed and looks so good.

{6} Zoo. Avery's first trip to the zoo. Taylor surprised us girls one morning by taking the day off of work and treating us to the zoo in the middle of the week.  I don't know what we were expecting, but she got more enjoyment out of the kids at the zoo than the animals.  Oh, well.

{7}  15k.  Taylor and Brent in the Tulsa Run! We were there at the finish line to cheer them on.  So proud!

{8} Feathers.  My first hand at a home made costume went well! I have to say that my last minute decision to incorporate glitter feathers was just the thing the it needed.

{9} Hoot.  Our little owl on her first trick-or-treating Halloween!  We started at her grandparents.  Three hours and four scheduled stops later, we finally tucked the little owl in bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment