4.03.2013

April Showers + Red Rain Boots Reprise

It's been raining here the past couple of days and we decided on a lazy day today.  There is something about rainy, cloudy weather that just takes the pressure off.  Yesterday I was a scrooge about the weather, but all of the beautiful buds are creating a more thankful heart in me today.

I do enjoy these kinds of days once in a while.  The kind of sweatpants/light housework/cuddle up and read during nap time/enjoy your kids (Avery + Jake)/go nowhere because it's raining days...

So I snapped 296 photos this morning for more practice with my Canon, and here's what I came up with...


Mommy's essential rainy day drink.











Light misting = rain boot tromping and a breath of fresh air.














Hello tiny hydrangea bloom. I sure am excited about you.









I tried to get Avery to touch it, but she just wasn't having it.




I like this shot showing dead leaves from the winter amid new growth of the spring.  There is just something so magical about the changing of seasons.









What is a rainy day without a good book to read? Nothing, I tell you.  Obviously trying to influence Avery with a love for the classics early on in life.  Aren't these counting/color primers amazing?


 Also, what is a rainy day without a good nap? Nothing, I tell you.

Now I'm off to read while the little love naps.  I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon.  Really, I can't.



No comments:

Post a Comment